Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Me and my iPod!

I bought an iPod Touch 4G 32GB about 2 years ago, around the same time it was actually released on the market. Needless to say, I never let that thing out of my site. At one point however, I finally decided it was time for me to get a real cellphone, as I was previously using my ipod as my phone. Around the time of me purchasing my phone, I stopped being connected to my iPod. I forgot the passcode on it and then when it came time for me to use it again, I was SOL. There is no way possible, and I have done my research over and over and over to get into an ipod once you have forgotten the passcode. Last night was a very long night of research. I even called Apple to see if they had a solution for me. The guy said "No-Go". At one point, I had a solution previously. There was program I downloaded to my PC to view the properties of .plist files. This is the closest tutorial I found to help me with my problem, unfortunately my ipod was already locked so I was unable to connect to wifi to ssh into it. I did have SBS Settings and could turn my Wifi on and off but it was not connected to the proper wifi network. http://www.ehow.com/how_8711268_delete-iphone-passcode-through-ssh.html 

This tutorial would have helped. I eventually got frustrated, backed up my ipod completely and reinstalled the 4.1 OS on it by downloading the OS from one of the sites that offers direct links to apple's iOS files. I then used Tiny Umbrella, saved my shsh blobs and then turned the TSS server on. Went into itunes, held shift down while selecting "restore" and selected the OS I downloaded. It reinstalled my iOS and cleared everything. I then re-jailbroke my iPod using greenpois0n and Cydia's back on. Added some music but it's still nothing like what it was before. I now have to find a way to get into my backup and delete the passcode and restore it back to my previous state. If you have any suggestions, that would be great! I also added a bunch of sources to Cydia in order to download different things. http://jaxov.com/2012/01/top-10-best-cydia-sources-repos-of-2012/ <--that is a good list of sources to add to your Cydia.

Side Note: I purchased a mobile wifi hotspot from Clear. I then downloaded Talk-a-tone to my ipod and was able to use it just like a cell phone as long as I was connected to wifi. Of course I had to have a headset plugged in to hear the people I was talking with! I had unlimited phone service for $45 a month. This worked great for a while but became limited. Clear's service didn't work everywhere and with the 4G only plan, I couldn't take my "phone" out of town with me. I end up purchasing a MyTouch 4G Slide from T-Mobile. I love my phone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment